Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Working on the UFO's....again!

Well, long time no blog. I don't know. Life has a crazy way of getting in the road of everything I like to do.
I have been sewing again. It is my mission to finish projects already started and use what I already have before I consider buying more. So, for every project I finish I can purchase another one to replace it.....maybe...There are a lot of projects.

First one on the list today is a dress for Liz. I started this about 2 years ago. Fortunately, I decided to make it in a larger size so it would fit for a while! It's a Simplicity Pattern-Daisy Kingdom and very sweet. However, I am never making those sleeves with the piping in the middle of them again. Far too fussy for my tastes. Liz will love them of course.



I'm also back at that Infinity Quilt I started oh, about 3 years ago. It's so named because it'll take me an Infinity to finish it I think. I'm machine quilting the large middle panel. It's so pretty. I think I take so long with these things because I'm afraid to mess them up. If I don't work on them, they're still around, still looking promising and I haven't screwed them up. That is all past now. I am just going to forge ahead. I figure my projects may not look as good as the professionals, but they're mine. They're also better than no projects at all. And most of my friends have no clue about sewing and quilting, and think I do alright.

Here's a shot of the Infinity quilt on my Janome 11000. I still, after almost 4 years, am in love with that machine!



That's enough for now. I'm off to put more old tunes on my iPod and iPhone. In 9 days I travel to Michigan to quilt with friends. Should be great!

2 comments:

Candace said...

Good to see you back. Beautiful quilt. Love the little dress, brings back memories.

Candace said...

please come follow my new blog.

http://canadianmadeeh.blogspot.com/