Friday, January 15, 2010

New Things

After several days of philosophical discussions on Skype with my good friend Candace, I have decided to insert physical activity into my lifestyle changes. I have done this before, but now, with our new blog, the accountability factor is there. No excuses. No rationalization. No procrastination.

I live near a great aquatic centre in St. Marys. It has a salt water pool and they do aquafit classes. There is no reason not to go in there. I love the water and know I can do the routines. I also enjoy the whirlpool and sauna.

One stipulation I will make is that there will be no exercising on a 12 hour shift day. Fortunately in a 6 week period I only work about four of those. The rest are 8 hour days. I can do some Wii Fit exercises on the 8 hour days and on my days off, the pool. I think it will work.

I will start writing my food intake down in my daytimer or on my iPod touch again. There are some neat free apps for the iPod online, so will investigate that.

And Lists.....I'm making lists again....Lists for shopping so I don't buy what I don't need. Lists for projects both quilting and scrapbooking, and schedules to get the stuff done. Sounds really detailed and a big compulsive, but I love organization and need to make it work for me personally and not just with family and work stuff. We'll see!

1 comment:

Candace said...

Hey Lynda, this is a good plan and I'll be here if you need encouragement or a kick in the butt. I know you'll do the same for me.