Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Making Headway

The march to finish UFO's continues. I have managed to complete a class project, Ribbons in Motion quilt. I must say that this was not my favourite project, but our little granddaughter thinks it's lovely. I have decided to put it on her bed in our trailer and she's ecstatic. My husband also thinks it's pretty neat, so there you go....I learned a lot with this project. Our instructor, Susan Christie, is a very good teacher and it was fun taking classes in at Simply Sew in St. Marys. The owner, Kristine Fink, keeps us all amused and enables us well with our fabric and machine purchasing habits.



I also managed to get a little play tent sewn for Liz for Easter. It's really a fun thing for her, and folds up and hides away nicely when she's not here. It just gets popped overtop the card table and in she goes! This was a craft panel that Kristine at Simply Sew brought in. I love it! She's also bringing in a lot of Amy Butler fabric, so beware.


Currently, I'm finishing up a Southern Star table topper that was a class about 1 1 /2 years ago. I'm at the binding stage, so it won't be long until it's finished.


I tried the "glued binding" technique featured on Sharon Shamber's website. It works very well, but I'm not sure I'd try it on a bed-sized quilt. My mitered corners are the best I've done to date, so it was a definite learning experience.

I'd like to try making one of her pressing boards as well. We'll see what the budget will allow.

1 comment:

Candace said...

WOW, Lynda, your quilts are so beautiful! You have tons of talent girl. I didn't know you had a blog but I will be back to peruse the rest of it.
Thanks for checking out my blog and lets have coffee some morning on Wii, LOL