Sunday, November 30, 2008

December Already? No, It's Not Time Yet!

It never fails to amaze me when December comes and I have 25 days left until Christmas to get all those seasonal things done.  It seemed like I had scads of time.  So.....I will be trying, very hard to get all those gifts made I have in my head, and to keep me honest, here's the current list.

For Liz: 2 embroidered doll blankets, sheets, pillows and mattresses for the dollie bunk beds Santa is bringing.  
Finish sewing up the knitted doll sweater.
Finish the knitted purple pullover.
Print pictures for Liz to make her gift for her mom.

For Ron, finish embroidering the hoody for his birthday.  He had the audacity to arrive in this world on December 20th.  What on earth was his mother thinking?  5 days before Christmas is no time for a birth.  It's better when it's 8 days before Christmas.  That's when our first born arrived.  I think it has something to do with farming.  You can only have children when you're finished the harvest and before planting season.

As a matter of interest, I have purchased the Janome MB4 embroidery machine . It's lovely and I am so enjoying not changing colours as often.  It is also leading me to think of far too many projects that aren't on my list for December!  I am sure I'll have plenty of things to do after Christmas.  For the first time in years, I'm looking forward to the winter and staying in to sew and knit.  It should be great!  

I did start the Infinity quilt.  It's beautiful and much easier than I had imagined.  I am not going to make the Latte quilt now.  This one is much prettier in my opinion.  I'm using Northcott cotton and it looks wonderful.  Pictures later, I promise.  

For now, I'm just list making and trying very hard to get ready for Christmas.  Oh, and maybe I should make Liz a housecoat too.  She did mention she wanted one..........

No comments: